That saying “When you know, you know. You know?” never made sense to me before.
It does now.
Don’t buy souvineers when you travel. I don’t care how much you think you need it in the moment, just don’t do it. Buy clothes that you actually like. Buy a journal that you’ll actually use. Buy nice shoes. Buy food that is hot & yummy off the street. Bring candy home for your friends. Stick some postcards in a journal. But the silly souvineers? Don’t waste your time on it. You’ll come home and they will seriously mean nothing to you. Or, at least they do to me. The things that mean the most to me from my time abroad are my three disposable cameras that I brought and my purple moleskin that is filled with thoughts & tickets & memories. Spend wisely loves.
1) You are allowed to take up space. You are a human.
2) You are allowed to have a voice.
3) You are allowed to leave whenever you feel unsafe or uncomfortable.
4) You deserve more than someone who doesn’t know how to respect you.
5) You are allowed to put your own needs first.
6) You are allowed to love yourself."